Add butter, carrots, and onions to a medium-sized pot and over medium heat, 45 minutes or so (be prepared to salivate as the carrot and onion pieces sweat in the butter…it smells so good!).
Yum, yum, yum!
Carrot Soup, Nourishing Traditions
You will need:
2 pounds carrots, diced
2 medium onions, diced
4 tbsp. butter
6 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. ginger
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp. grated lemon peel
1. Sweat butter, onions and carrots in a large soup pot for 45 minutes, or until tender.
2. Add curry first, and stir. Wait a few minutes before adding broth, ginger, and lemon peel.
3. Cover and simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree the mix.
5. Serve with a dollop of cultured cream (optional).