A Day in the Life

These posts are always my favorite to read, so I thought I’d tackle one of my own!

Here’s a typical Aundra Wednesday:

4:50 a.m. – Alarm goes off. Time to get up for a morning run

5:00 a.m. – Get dressed and eat 1/2 a banana for a little fuel.

5:15 a.m. – Leave the house to meet James for our run.

5:30 a.m. – Meet James to start our run. We decided to run 3 miles, which makes it 4 total for me.

6:00 a.m. – Cool down walk home. Walk to the backyard to water the garden.

6:15 a.m. – Shower, put on clean workout clothes, prep my lunch, put a load of laundry in the washer, eat the other 1/2 of my banana from the morning. Drink 2 cups of water.

7:00 a.m. – Hop back into bed to snuggle. Post-run morning (clean, post-shower) snuggles are my FAVORITE! I get about 30 minutes which is perfect.

7:30 a.m. – We both get up, make the bed, get dressed for the day. My morning routine is pretty simple, I can get ‘ready’ for the day in about 8 minutes. It helps that I lay my clothes out at night and pack my bag the night before, too.

7:45 a.m. – Pour the coffee into our to-go mugs, finish lunch prep. We have this sweet little get-the-coffee-ready routine in the morning, and now it’s like a perfect little dance with a happy coffee treat finale.

8:00 a.m. – Out the door to head to work.

8:05 a.m. – Arrival at work. Ah, the short non-commute life. Sometimes I’ll ride with Johnny and plan to walk home, it depends how much stuff I have to carry for the day.

8:15 a.m. – I’m in my quiet office, everything is ready for the day. I send a few emails and create a list for the day.

8:30 a.m. – Time for my weekly 1:1 meeting with the boss. We usually do breakfast at the dining hall, but it’s closed today so we head to Evergrain.

9:30 a.m. – noon – rest of the morning at work. We’re nailing down the communication plan for the next year, wrapping up communication strategy for the incoming class (Class of 2019, I’ll let that one sink in), and I spend time running some numbers to prep for end-of-year calls with vendors.

Noon – head to the fitness center to prep for my first fitness class of the day – Insanity.


12:15 p.m. – Insanity Class #1 It’s only 30 minutes, but Insanity is a high intensity class. Crazy sweat ensues. Lots of fun! Love my lunchtime crew.

1-4:30 p.m. – this afternoon at work was all about phone interviews for two positions. So call. Much phone.

4:30 p.m. – I head to the gym to prep for the second class of the day – ALSO Insanity (twice in one day hellllo).

5:15 p.m. – Insanity Class #2. Crazy strong group. So much good form in this class. I love spending time with each individual in class, following their rhythm or encouraging them to pick up the pace.

6:00 p.m. – Arrive home to Johnny cooking dinner (it’s the LIFE!). Breakfast for dinner! I make a couple of calls about the Friday night Street Party event I’m coordinating, then sit down to eat with Johnny.

6:45 p.m. – Johnny does the dishes tonight (usually I offer to do them) while I shower so we can head to Redner’s before the bakery closes. I need to place an order for giant cookie platters for the Street Party.

7:00 p.m. – Head to Redner’s and order a million cookies. Drool a little.

7:30 p.m. – Arrive home and then we head out for a walk around the neighborhood park. It’s also a dog park, which is super cool to have right around the corner for the eventual puppy. It’s such a perfect night for a walk.


8:15 p.m. – Get home, write this post (hi!) and finish a few Street Party tasks.

Rest of the night: I’ll pick my clothes for the next day, prep my fitness bag for classes, and make my morning post-Insanity smoothie (it’s looking like a strawberry/banana kinda day).

In bed by 10:30 most nights.

Back tomorrow with a wedding update post!

This entry was posted in Adventure, Fitness, Home, Life Together and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *